About the Job
The project management role is a leadership position in our design-build delivery model. Typical responsibilities include:
- Managing projects from planning through commissioning including developing key objectives for each project and ensuring the objectives are achieved
- Developing detailed project plans including scope, budget and schedule
- Managing project execution, including design-only and design-build projects
- Coordinating, managing and leading multiple internal and external resources
- Preparing bid packages, bid tabulations, and participating in contract negotiations for building and process manufacturing systems On-site construction project coordination and management Developing and leading talent within our organization Supporting industry trade shows and sales calls
Dennis Group subscribes to the player-coach and seller-doer models. This role requires excellent leadership, organization and time management skills as you will wear many hats at once. The role is also technical and client facing. Those finding success in the role typically have a technical background - which they apply daily - and are professional, self-motivated, and energetic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience with an engineering, consulting, or design firm
- 5+ years as a Project Manager with proven track record of successful project management
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated success delivering numerous projects delivered on time, meeting requirements, with high team satisfaction.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- The following are considered a plus, but not required:
- Experience in process, packaging, or facilities engineering within the food and beverage industry
- MBA, professional engineering license, or leadership program certification
- Spanish, French, or Portuguese language skills
Travel to client and equipment manufacturer locations will be required of this position.
Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 25% of the year though this figure is project dependent and may vary significantly year-to-year.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.