Automation & Controls Engineer
About the Job
Our automation/controls engineers work closely with our process, packaging and building engineers to:
- Design and troubleshoot both software and hardware necessary for control systems utilizing PLCs for integration of manufacturing systems.
- Design, diagnose, and troubleshoot network infrastructures - Ethernet, DeviceNet, AS-i, Profibus etc.
- Design, specify, wire, and procure control panel equipment, e.g. safety circuits, I/O, networks, etc.
- Design, specify, and procure electrical equipment, e.g. MCCs, panelboards, transformers, etc.
- Specify, procure, configure, and troubleshoot controls hardware and field instrumentation
- Develop bid documentation for Electrical, Automation, and Low Voltage (network, security) vendors
- Interface and manage installation contractors during construction
Those successful in this role are professional, self-motivated, and energetic individuals with excellent communication and inter-personal skills. This role is client facing and you will spend significant time in our client's facilities during installation and startup/commissioning/qualification phases of a project.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siemens, GE Fanuc, Honeywell Systems familiarity
- Visual Basic, SQL, MS ACCESS Database programming skills a plus
- Design and implement process network infrastructure (Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net, ProfiBus etc)
- Database programming skills a plus
- EE Preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office and AutoCAD Required
- 4+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.